Venison Health Benefits
Health Benefits of Venison
According to many individuals, Venison can often be described as being the perfect red meat. With a large number of health benefits, Venison is considered by many to be the perfect choice for individuals who are either health conscious or watching their weight. With an abundant supply of necessary proteins and nutrients, deer meat contains little fat and contains fewer calories than many of the leading types of meats found in stores. Rich in vitamins and nutrients such as iron, protein, riboflavin, niacin and vitamins B12/B6, venison continues to be a health alternative for hunters and families alike. With a slightly gamey taste and deep woody flavor, Venison contains no additives or antibiotics that nearly all store-bought meats and poultry contain.
Ensuring Venison & other Meats are Healthy & Safe
Every year, the FDA takes more measures to make sure American food is safe for human consumption. In the meat processing industry, many of these measures involve techniques to treat foods in order to destroy parasites, tapeworms, bacteria and other pests that can cause harm if consumed by humans. To do this, companies often face treating or exposing their livestock to antibiotic treatments, pesticides and food additives to help prevent such problems in their animals. Not knowing all of the effects of these additives, many people now seek alternatives to store bought meats or prefer to only purchase poultry and meat that is free-range and are not treated with steroids, pesticides, or food additives. Many of these individuals (including non hunters) now see the benefits of consuming deer meat and are turning to Venison as a fresh alternative.
Healthy Habits – Turn to Venison
No longer a meat just for the hunting community, health-conscious consumers are now finding an interest in buying naturally raised, chemical free Vension for themselves and their families. Another reason why people turn to Venison instead of commercially grown and processed beef is due to the fact that Venison contains no additives, antibiotics or steroids. Coupling this with the low fat content, high protein, and ample levels of vitamins and nutrients, it is no wonder that Venison continues to grow in popularity year after year.
Though Venison may be hard to obtain for some people, American families continue to enjoy this delicious meat by substituting it in many popular recipes such as meat loafs, lasagna, and meat sauces. For those individuals lucky enough to know a hunter or be one, Venison can often provide a small family with enough meat to last several months through the year. With this said, there are many ways of preparing deer meat for consumption, many of which provide the body with nutrients such as:
Other Nutrients in Venison:
Iron (good amount)
Phosphorus (good amount)
Cholesterol (good amount)
Omega 3 Fatty Acids
Amino Acids (extreme amounts)
Some health benefits of eating Venison include:
- Does not contain additives or antibiotics
- Low fat content, especially saturated fat
- Ample source of iron, a necessary component that transports oxygen from the lungs to all body cells, and is also part of key enzyme systems for energy production and metabolism.
- A good source of vitamin B12 and B6
- Contains riboflavin which helps improve energy metabolism and can help individuals who suffer from migrains
- Contains niacin (vitamin B3) which helps to reduce osteoarthritis risk by as much as half.
- Trace amounts of cholesterol, perfect for individuals vulnerable to heart disease.
- Helps with Menstruation and Pregnant women (iron)
- Protects from Diabetic Heart Disease and Atherosclerosis
- Supports Colon Health and improves Immune System
- Reduces Risk of Colon Cancer, Heart Attack, Stoke, Osteoporosis
- Supports Skin, Hair, Nail and Muscle Health
We hope you continue to enjoy living a healthy lifestyle and incorporate Venison into your meals, as it is a sustainable and healthy alternative to red meat!